Ok here’s the deal.
Job A - (the one he has now)
- pays ok i guess, OT and sales commission help this area.
- benefits blow except dental and vision is vsp so that’s not too bad
- gets to drive a company truck
- been here long enough that he can take days off for ian (sick or appt)
- just passed his bds, so is now promotable to the next level which means a raise and is eligible for promotions
- was honored for his top sales with a trip to Boosier City here in two weeks
- his face goes up on a billboard soon for the company, already has a radio spot — going to be famous as soon as gq sees the billboard lol
- has plenty of sick days and personal days and vacation
- Pays $3 more an hour. BUT – no OT and no commission yet – they don’t have a system in place yet
- they are brand new baby company of the parent electric company that has been here for over a hundred years
- they sell fiber — 100megs instead of 15megs with cable – it’s a no brainer that this is what the world is moving toward – their business is booming, to say the least.
- they are also giving him a truck
- they promised 2 more dollars in a year
- He’ll be the only tech in this area until they grow a little more
- Once they hire more techs, he’ll be lead tech
- until then , he’s the only one on call — fiber rarely ‘breaks’ but it does happen and he’d be it — 24/7 on call – he’s going to ask about this one because that would blow
- MEDICAL is better – didn’t list dental or vision (? big concern?)
- 401 k – if we give 2%, they’ll give 5%. cool indeed
Is there ever OT
what is the dress code and do they provide reimbursement (boots, jeans, etc)
could he take off a few times a YEAR for ian’s appts
could he SHARE with me on the days Ian is sick
how long before the commission system is in place – cause this boy is going to sell regardless
room for advancement?
do we really have to wait a year for the 2 weeks vacation?
Anything we’re not taking in to consideration? The pay is about the same when you factor everything in. Does he stay where he knows? Where he thinks he’s going to be moving up soon? Where his best friend is the boss and knows about ian and what we need and is cool with it?
Or does he go where the technology is headed? Blank slate with the new company. They are going to take over eventually – at least the small towns. Their grant was something like 56million dollars to bring fiber to the masses out in the country. Once they have so many accounts, they can move into the smaller towns. Then later I believe they can work their way into the larger towns — but it will take awhile. In the meantime, there are plenty of customers.
I am literally sick to my stomach over this. He didn’t go looking, they called him. I know he’s good at what he does, but where will he be his best?
If it was easy, it would be boring, eh?